Friday, March 19, 2021

Main Character Energy

    Hey everyone! Since early on in our writing process, it was decided that I would be the main character in our film. I am more than happy to be taking on this on, but it still is a pretty intimidating role. I have only acted a handful of times and I've never had to act for very long or even utter a single word. For almost all of the short film I will be in the frame and talking for a majority of it as well. Not to mention for almost the entire production, I will be alone on screen with the exception of one scene. In most of the scenes I will have to be holding a conversation with a character who isn't physically there and their voice will be recorded after. As you can see, there are a number of challenges I will have to face, but I'm taking this role very seriously and can't wait to start.

    In preparation for my role, I have been going over all my lines and getting familiar with each scene before we start shooting. Funnily enough, my biggest concern is actually how I will look on camera since I will be in front of it for most of the film. With the pandemic I have been indoors almost everyday and I haven't really been paying attention to my appearance. Luckily, I have been keeping up a good morning routine by cleaning my face, so hopefully I wont have any pimples when we film. (fingers crossed) Although my hair hasn't grown out to where I want it, I'm sure the filming will go great and my character will very likely be the best character in any film.



No comments:

Post a Comment