Saturday, April 10, 2021

Silent Film Title Card

     Now that we have finished filming it is time for us to fill in the gaps to complete our project. One of the remaining tasks was to create a title card for the silent film scene that appears in the montage at the end. Silent film title cards or intertitles were used in these films to show dialogue through text and we just had to include this part into our project. I did some quick research of title cards used in films like City Lights by Charlie Chaplin so that I could get an authentic look. In the end it came out really great and I was able to find a font that is almost identical to the one used in many of these classic silent films. I decided to hand draw the line design on Photoshop to get it as authentic as possible as I imagine the process was done mostly by hand. Once I send it off to Ryan and Oliver for editing they can place it into the scene and apply some additional effects to make it look old and grainy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment