Saturday, March 28, 2020

Final Final Story

After discussion with my group members, we have decided to use my concept for our final version of the opening. We discussed many different versions and settled one story and Ryan, one of my group members, began writing a script for the opening. The story and overall mood of the film will take inspiration from popular and classic teen movies.

Examples:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986):
A lot of the mood I'm going for in this opening comes from the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off, in which the main character Ferris Bueller convinces his parents he's sick and needs to say home from school, leading to a grand adventure through Chicago as he evades his high school principal. Ferris embodies the rebellious teen character, and I want to portray this same type of rebellion in my main character as he flees from his house. I also take inspiration from the fast-paced music that plays right as Ferris succeeds in convincing his parents and his journey begins, which can play a similar role in my own film opening.

Thirteen (2003):
Although it is a stark contrast from the previous example, Thirteen shows some inspirations for elements that I could include in my film opening. The upbeat rock music is almost synonymous with teen movies and rebellion, similar to the music Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and can be utilized in my opening when the character is running away from his home. The overall mood is entirely different in this piece, with it being much darker and could be implemented in my opening if we decided to maybe take a darker route. Running away is no easy task for a young teenager, so a darker tone could suit the situation well. One other route is we can combine these examples and start the opening upbeat, until it slowly morphs into a dark film as the character realizes the trouble they are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment