Monday, February 17, 2020

The Beginning Struggle

My group and I have been tasked with creating an original fiction film opening and I'm confident we will do a good job, but not without a lot of hard work. Over the past couple of days, we have been preparing for our film opening project by discussing different ideas and stories. The most important step in this process is to decide on the genre that we will be focusing on for this film. Several different ideas for a genre have been thrown out ranging from crime to even a dark comedy. This part of the process has proven to be more difficult than any of us thought and has taken a long period of time.

We meet in person to discuss ideas further, but found it very difficult to agree on a single idea or genre. After meeting in person we continued to talk in a group chat and we began to brainstorm more complex stories that could span across several genres. To narrow it down, my group and I decided to settle on the drama genre as it is an extremely versatile genre with plenty of sources for research.

With the genre finally decided we could discuss more specific stories and themes. I had ideas to incorporate suspense elements that could even cross into suspenseful horror, but I decided to step back more towards more complex drama story lines. I still hope to include elements of suspense as well as deep themes and symbols to create a visually pleasing and complex film for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment